The 2013 Charitable Giving Report includes 24 months of overall giving data from 4,129 nonprofit organizations representing more than $12.5 billion in total fundraising. The report also includes online giving data from 3,359 nonprofits representing $1.7 billion in online fundraising. It is the largest analysis of actual overall and online giving data in the nonprofit sector.
- Overall charitable giving grew 4.9% in 2013, while online giving grew 13.5%.
- Online giving accounted for 6.4% of all charitable giving in 2013.
- Large organizations had the greatest increase in overall charitable giving in 2013, while small organizations had the greatest increase in online giving during 2013.
- International affairs organizations had the greatest increase in overall charitable giving in 2013, while faith-based organizations had the greatest increase in online giving in 2013.
- More than one-third (33.6%) of overall charitable giving happens in the last three months of the year, with the highest percentage (17.5%) coming in December.
Trouble viewing the video above? Watch 5 Key Findings from the 2013 Charitable Giving Report on YouTube.