This past weekend, I did something epic. Monumental. Life Changing. I finally saw Airplane! on the big screen. I would …
Maybe it’s a little late to start thinking about resolutions since we’re already 18 days into 2011 but better to make them late than not at all, right? Here are some ideas for resolutions for your online marketing strategy this year. Resolve to…
· Listen to your users by conducting periodic reviews of your analytics data and/or surveying them about what works and what doesn’t work on your website.
· Define your audiences, build consensus internally around them and create communications (online and offline) specific for each group.
· Conduct a competitive analysis of some of your favorite sites. Make a list of recommendations for your own site based on your review of your peers.
· Try something new on your site and test it out. Run an A/B test on different donation forms or landing page layouts.
· Update your homepage and key entry pages at least once a week.
· Incorporate social media more thoroughly into your site by encouraging social sharing, displaying dynamic feeds and promoting your social media presences.
· Evaluate traffic to your website from mobile devices and start thinking about if and when you should plan to develop mobile-friendly content.
All year around, we should be paying attention to trends and new technology developments to tweak and enhance online marketing, but the beginning of the year is a great time to take a step back and assess, creating some real, attainable goals for the year. What resolutions have you made or will you make for 2011?
Personal Fundraising, Social Media and Friends Asking Friends all converge to make an incredible impact! A Cycling Blogger @fatcyclist sent …