What is Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and why is it important? SEO is the process of improving the visibility of …
To some, digital strategy is simply social media and a website. To others, it is all-encompassing—software, hardware, networking, content, social media, SEO, SEM, and a website. Where does your organization fall?
Keeping the “social” in Social media in Social media
People engaging in social media are interested in being social, which means they want to establish a relationship with the organizations & individuals that they follow. Effective social media campaigns establish relationships with their followers by engaging them in two-way communication: speaking then listening.
Many organizations mistakenly limit their social media activity to broadcasting information about their events or their organization, thereby cutting the “social” out of “social media.” This critical mistake limits the overall effectiveness of your social media campaigns.
5 Tips to keep the “social” in “social media”
1. Reserve time to monitor your social media channels presence on a regular basis. Try scheduling a recurring meeting in your Outlook Calendar ensure that you make time for this activity.
2. Respond to comments or questions made by your followers on your posts
3. Ask logical, relevant questions of your followers in posts
4. Repost / Retweet interesting relevant posts from others engaging with you on social media
5. Post content at the appropriate frequency for your preferred social media channels
6. Keep your social media activities going year-round.
When social media is done right it builds trust and affinity towards your organization. Your followers will become more invested in your mission, which will lead them to have a sense of ownership over the success of your organization and its fundraising events.
Over the next three months, Convio is going to be talking more about how to develop and manage effective social media campaigns in support of your event fundraising.