Everyone knows that social media has a massive impact on today’s culture, so how can social good organizations effectively leverage it to engage supporters? What does your organization need to do to execute an effective social media strategy? What benchmarks should you be tracking your performance against? How can you improve if you’re not where you want to be? The guests in this episode of The sgENGAGE Podcast are going to help answer these questions.
Today Jocelyn Wright, Instructional Designer and Jenny Toledo, Instructor at Blackbaud University, join your host Roz Lemieux, Director of Blackbaud Labs, to talk about some of the highlights from the M+R Benchmarks Report and what they mean for your organization. Listen in to learn why social media tracking matters, what development professionals need to know about Facebook fundraisers, and what to expect from Instagram’s new donate stickers.
Topics Discussed in This Episode:
- Highlights from the 2019 M+R Benchmarks Report
- Why social media matters to social good organizations and why it’s important to track
- Social media vocabulary and best practices
- What organizations should be watching for on Facebook and Instagram
- Insights into online monthly membership programs
- How to brush up on social media strategy and take your organization to the next level
“We need to use social media to our leverage. That’s where everyone is. That’s where everyone is engaging and talking with our organizations. We have to be where the people are.”
“We have seen that video content is actually the most engaging across all platforms.”
“If you understand your audience, you understand what message they resonate with, what they connect with.”
Get nonprofit articles, best practice advice, fundraising ideas and invaluable industry reports and webinars delivered for free!