Public policy impacts decisions made around charitable giving. These policies can influence how people give, when they give, and how much they give. So what are the likely effects for 2022?
In today’s episode, you’ll hear from Brian Flahaven to learn how policies have impacted giving over the past few years and what’s ahead for the coming year. Listen in to hear what Brian has to say about his role in the Council for Advancement and Support of Education (CASE) and what they do, what current legislation is on the table, and whether Brian believes it will gain traction this year.
Topics Discussed in This Episode:
- What CASE does
- How charitable giving has been impacted by change over the past couple of years
- How current legislation can encourage donation
- Whether Brian expects legislation that positively impacts giving to gain traction by the end of the year
- Trends that CASE is seeing in giving to education
- Call to action for listeners
“Having an incentive there, sending that signal, will encourage more Americans hopefully to give even more to charitable organizations during these difficult times.”
“In the tax world, it’s pretty much been a partisan game over the past few years.”
“A lot of institutions are actually creating their own giving days.”