How has the future of social good changed since COVID? Much of the answer has to do with how the pandemic impacted leaders in the nonprofit sector. Here to talk about it is Marc A. Pitman, founder and CEO of Concord Leadership Group. Listen in to hear what Marc has to say about the effects of uncertainty on nonprofit leadership, what needs to be left behind as leaders and organizations move forward, and what isn’t coming back post-pandemic.
Topics Discussed in This Episode:
- What leaders need to understand about where we are now
- The effects of uncertainty on nonprofit leadership
- Areas that need to be left behind in order to move forward
- Letting donors make decisions for themselves
- Fundraising without big events
“Anytime we start taking over the decision-making for someone else, we’re robbing them of their humanity.”
“Everybody was scared, but some leaders were able to continue navigating the ship, while other leaders were panicking in an unproductive way.”
“I hope we get over the butts-in-seats equals productivity mentality.”
Get nonprofit articles, best practice advice, fundraising ideas and invaluable industry reports and webinars delivered for free!