Sometimes, change is hard – especially when it seems that there isn’t enough money or other resources to accomplish your organization’s mission. However, by adopting the right mindset, social change leaders can begin to attract more support. That’s where today’s guest comes in.
Nell Edgington is the president of Social Velocity, a management consulting firm for nonprofit organizations, and the author of Reinventing Social Change: Embrace Abundance to Create a Healthier and More Equitable World. She joins the podcast today to discuss moving from a scarcity mindset to an abundance mindset and what that looks like for social good organizations. Listen in to hear what Nell has to say about why there’s a scarcity mindset in social good organizations, what to do to move to an abundance mindset, and how social change leaders can bring others along into their abundance mindset.
Topics Discussed in This Episode:
- Why the way we do social change is broken
- Why a scarcity mindset is happening
- How the way leaders are thinking contributes to the broken system
- The steps to adopt an abundance mindset
- How “yet” can help social change leaders think differently
- How leaders can get others to join them on the journey to an abundance mindset
- Examples of moving past scarcity thinking
- Advice for social change leaders looking for a better path
“A scarcity mindset is essentially believing that there’s not enough.”
“That scarcity mindset is itself that’s holding these nonprofit leaders back.”
“A broken system isn’t going to change itself.”
Get nonprofit articles, best practice advice, fundraising ideas and invaluable industry reports and webinars delivered for free!