Do you know how to not only interpret your organization’s financials, but also how to present them to others as a compelling story that offers transparency and increases donations and impact?
In today’s episode, you’ll hear from Stephanie Skryzowski, founder and CEO of 100 Degrees Consulting, about how to use and communicate your organization’s financials. Listen in to hear what Stephanie has to say about why sharing numbers is important, who needs to know your numbers, and what the best ways are to present your numbers to different audiences.
Topics Discussed in This Episode:
- Stephanie’s role as a CFO
- Why it’s important to use and share numbers
- Benefits of financial transparency
- How sharing numbers improves relationships with donors
- How to share financials with your board
- How to share numbers with your staff
- Sharing with donors and the public
- Ensuring that you have a strong financial foundation
- Checklist for budgeting best practices
- What reports tell your organization’s story on a monthly basis
- Five financial reports to review every single month
- How your data can be visualized
- Checking performance vs. plan
- Stephanie Skryzowski
- 5 Ways Nonprofits Can Use Financials to Increase Transparency
- The Buyer’s Guide to Fund Accounting Software
“As these organizations are sharing more information about themselves and about their financials, they got more money, which leads to greater impact.”
“Before we start telling our financial story, we need to have the foundation of financial management really solid at our foundation.”
“You want to make sure that we are coding all of our revenue, all of our expenses to admin, fundraising, or programs along the way, so that we can really easily pull this report.”
Get nonprofit articles, best practice advice, fundraising ideas and invaluable industry reports and webinars delivered for free!