End-of-year fundraising is always important, and this year it has added importance with organizations needing to make up potential COVID-19 related shortfalls.
In today’s episode, Michael Johnston, founder of digital fundraising agency hjc, discusses some of the things that you should be thinking about when it comes to end-of-year giving and busts some common end-of-year fundraising myths.
Topics Discussed in This Episode:
- Why this year is the most important year for end-of-year fundraising
- What’s great about December donors
- What you can find in the End-of-Year Fundraising Toolkit
- How to make a holiday persona
- Mapping out the holiday journey
- The myth that holiday giving is only from October to December
- How end-of-year fundraising spans the wide spectrum of society
- Bringing different fundraising channels together
- Last-minute giving
“You might want to make a holiday persona or two.”
“Don’t be afraid to make direct references, but still respect all religions and secular celebrations.”
“People hold off on their giving until the last minute.”
Get nonprofit articles, best practice advice, fundraising ideas and invaluable industry reports and webinars delivered for free!