During a crisis, you need strategies that will help your organization cope with the situation effectively and come through on the other side. Knowing how to work with your board in these situations can help you continue to fulfill your mission. In today’s episode, you’ll hear from Blackbaud Senior Marketing Manager Tanya Fitzgerald in an excerpt from a webinar about effectively working with your board during a crisis.
Topics Discussed in This Episode:
- The board’s role during a crisis
- Using a crisis cycle to communicate with your board
- Breaking down the phases of the crisis cycle
- Top areas that an organization needs to focus on during a crisis
- Planning events during this time
- Keeping your mission at the forefront of the community’s mind
- How the board can help with a safety plan
- Communicating and sharing knowledge
“Consider these six phases for crisis transformation and how your organization will be affected in the best case, the likely case, and the worst-case scenario.”
“You’re going to want to be prepared during the first warning sign.”
“The community is actually going to be receptive to this information more so than they normally were. Information they used to tune out, they’re focusing on now.”
Get nonprofit articles, best practice advice, fundraising ideas and invaluable industry reports and webinars delivered for free!