It’s hard to believe that we’re already well into September and it’s time to start thinking about year-end audits. This year, many social good organizations will be having virtual audits, and now is the time to learn about how best to prep for them.
Mel Rancour, principal instructional designer for Blackbaud University’s Organizational Best Practices curriculum, joins today’s episode to talk about why you want to begin audit prep now, how this year is going to differ from previous years, and resources to help you get started with your preparations.
Topics Discussed in This Episode:
- Why now is the best time to start audit prep
- How audit prep will be different this year
- The trickiest part of having a virtual audit
- What organizations should do first when preparing for an audit
- How organizations can make sure they’re fully prepared
- Resources on preparing for a virtual audit
“Well, it is 2020, which has been a year full of changes and differences in policies and procedures and really any organizational and personal norms.”
“When you think about it, our policies and procedures for just about everything have changed.”
“Don’t forget, these guidelines need to be electronic.”