The COVID-19 pandemic has changed the funding landscape in various ways. It’s important that both grantmakers and grantees understand each other’s needs and challenges right now.
In today’s episode, Lauren Steiner, president and founder of Grants Plus, talks with Blackbaud’s Rachel Hutchisson about the current trends she is seeing in grantmaking. Listen in to hear what Lauren has to say about COVID-related funding resources, changes to funding practices and requirements, and how nonprofits should approach conversations with funders.
Topics Discussed in This Episode:
- General trends in the funding landscape
- How many funders are changing practices and requirements in response to the current situation
- The importance of transparency and relationship building
- Advice for starting conversations with funders
- Changes in the funding situation that may continue once the crisis has passed
- The COVID-related funding resources that Lauren has been gathering
Grant Plus’s Guide to Grant Seeking During the COVID-19 Crisis
COVID-19 Industry Resources for Foundations and Grantmaking Organizations
3 Best Practices for Remote Disaster Grantmaking Response
Chronicle of Philanthropy article: 6 Steps for Grant Makers to Take Now to Ensure Nonprofits Recover From Coronavirus Spread
“The general consensus was we need to advise organizations to not stop because of what’s going on.”
“One of the trends that I’m seeing – and I am here for it – is that foundations are loosening restrictions.”
“If you haven’t started that kind of frequent connection with your funders, do that now.”
Get nonprofit articles, best practice advice, fundraising ideas and invaluable industry reports and webinars delivered for free!