#GivingTuesday is an annual campaign that has taken off far beyond expectations in the years since it was first implemented, reaching an unprecedented global scale. And now the #GivingTuesday organization has created a new day of giving as a response to the COVID-19 pandemic: #GivingTuesdayNow.
Asha Curran, CEO of #GivingTuesday, joins the sgENGAGE Podcast in this episode to talk with Blackbaud’s Rachel Hutchisson about the new #GivingTuesdayNow campaign happening on May 5, 2020. Listen in to hear what Asha has to say about how #GivingTuesdayNow came about, how people are pitching in to help during this crisis, and how to handle messaging and creating campaigns in situations with limited timeframes.
Topics Discussed in This Episode:
- The basics of #GivingTuesday and how it’s become an independent organization
- What prompted Asha to create #GivingTuesdayNow
- How people are using their unique skills in the COVID-19 crisis
- How to focus when there isn’t a lot of ramp-up time to create a new fundraising campaign
- Messaging advice to engage supporters around #GivingTuesdayNow
- Asha’s goals for #GivingTuesdayNow
- Asha Curran
- #GivingTuesdayNow Website
- 10 Tips for a Low-Stress, High-Success #GivingTuesdayNow
- #GivingTuesdayNow resources from Blackbaud
“Last year on Giving Tuesday 2019, over 2 billion dollars was donated just in the 24 hours of Giving Tuesday.”
“Right from the beginning, we saw that people were in search of ideas. They wanted to help.”
“We have a saying in the Giving Tuesday community that there’s no stealing in Giving Tuesday, there’s just joyful replication.”
Get nonprofit articles, best practice advice, fundraising ideas and invaluable industry reports and webinars delivered for free!