Corporate social responsibility and responsible business are now seen as integral to successful business operations. But have you thought about involving the sourcing and procurement processes in creating social impact?
Today’s guest is Paul Polizzotto, founder and CEO of Givewith, who has had a 30-career of dedicating himself to the idea that businesses can prioritize social impact and deliver a sustainable funding source for nonprofits while distinguishing themselves from the competition. Paul talked to host Rachel Hutchisson about connecting people with their jobs and communities through purposeful business practices. Listen to the interview to hear what Paul has to say about how he started Givewith, what companies can do to align their sourcing with their social impact programs, and how nonprofits can take advantage of the solutions and movement that Paul is helping to create.
Topics Discussed in This Episode:
- Paul’s background as a social entrepreneur
- Finding new sources of funding for CSR initiatives
- Advice for companies looking to align sourcing and their social impact
- How nonprofits can benefit from this funding stream
- Examples of a successful business-nonprofit partnership that benefitted from creating social impact through the sourcing process
- How the lines between business and nonprofit are blurring
Article: 4 Core Attributes of Authentic Corporate Citizenship
“In my view, awareness is overrated. Action is never overrated. And awareness without action is a missed opportunity.”
“I think there’s an opportunity to integrate social impact in sourcing and procurement that addresses a number of other business issues.”
“The nonprofits start to really understand that their social impacts that they’re carrying out actually have business value that they didn’t understand.”
Get nonprofit articles, best practice advice, fundraising ideas and invaluable industry reports and webinars delivered for free!