Long standing social good organizations have developed foundational fundraising and engagement methods that have provided for them for decades or more. As technology continues to shrink the world, increasing competition and changing the way we communicate with one another, how can business principles and skills help bring historically traditional nonprofits and other social good organizations into the future?
Dorri McWhorter, president and CEO of the YWCA Metropolitan Chicago, joined host Rachel Hutchisson to discuss how she modernized the organization and is bringing it to new levels of success. Listen in to hear about Dorri’s work, combining business skillsets with a nonprofit, and understanding the value of a cause.
Topics Discussed in This Episode:
- How Dorri modernized the YWCA Metropolitan Chicago
- Balancing a business approach in the nonprofit sector
- Importance of revenue in nonprofits
- Understanding and communicating the ultimate value of your organization and cause
- Advice for social good leaders looking to future-proof their organizations
“How can we get to the problems and just start solving them?”
“It just so happens that we have this wonderful tax status that allows us to look at the business differently.”
“A business solves problems and we solve problems too, we just don’t frame it like that.”
Get nonprofit articles, best practice advice, fundraising ideas and invaluable industry reports and webinars delivered for free!