Companies are under increasing pressure to be socially conscious, if not socially active. But what’s the best way to do this authentically? How can you make sure that your purpose and your business strategies are aligned in a way that resonates with employees, customers and other stakeholders?
In today’s interview with Sarah Chapman, Director of Corporate Responsibility and Sustainability at Deloitte Canada, we discuss how businesses and organizations are following the trend of being more socially active. Listen in to hear Sarah talks with host Rachel Hutchisson about how Deloitte Canada has increasingly incorporated purpose into their strategy, and her advice for how other companies can do the same.
Topics Discussed in This Episode:
- How Deloitte Canada is reacting to the trend of businesses being socially conscious and active
- What Deloitte Canada is seeing across companies it works with in its Corporate Purpose practice, and how it’s advising them to incorporate purpose
- Deloitte Canada’s “Tomorrow, Together” strategy and how employees, customers and stakeholders have responded
- Impacts that Sarah is particularly proud of
- Advice for companies that want to align purpose with business strategy
“At the end of the day, what it’s really about is standing for something and proving it in everything you say and do.” –Sarah Chapman
“What I’m actually advising clients now is taking a more center of the business approach.”
“Don’t wait for the perfect moments. Go and sort of get some quick wins.”
Get nonprofit articles, best practice advice, fundraising ideas and invaluable industry reports and webinars delivered for free!