The digital world has opened a new range of possibilities for higher education institutions as they look to connect with alumni and other prospective donors. Opportunities for greater creativity and the ability to make the donation process much easier and more personalized have greatly advanced how institutions can better engage constituents. However, one thing that remains the same is the importance of building relationships.
This episode features a discussion between Sue Cunningham, President and CEO of CASE, and Tim Hill, President & GM of Blackbaud Higher Education Solutions, about the Blackbaud Institute’s “2018 Charitable Giving Report: Higher Education Spotlight.” Listen in to hear what Tim and Sue have to say about higher education trends in 2018 and how they compare to prior years, and how digital tools and campaigns will affect the future of higher education giving. And to learn even more about this topic, click on the link to the webinar in the “Resources” section below.
Topics Discussed in This Episode:
- The current state of higher education giving
- How much fundraising comes via online sources
- How current digital trends have changed how donors engage with educational institutions
- Multi-year trends in giving
- How advancement professionals are responding to the changing landscape in giving
- How institutions can harness the power of digital and online strategies to tell their impact stories and reach more donors
- The increasing role of #GivingTuesday in higher education fundraising
“Clearly the digital world has opened up a huge range of opportunities, and we’re seeing imaginative and creative use of those both in the context of a broader engagement and also specifically around fundraising.” – Sue Cunningham
“We forget that sometimes you’re competing for that dollar with other types of institutions.” –Tim Hill
“Whether relationships are being built face-to-face or whether they’re being built remotely, I think relationships are at the heart of what we’re about and what we’re doing.” –Sue Cunningham
Get nonprofit articles, best practice advice, fundraising ideas and invaluable industry reports and webinars delivered for free!