Has your organization better connected finance and development and you’re now looking for what you can do next to ensure sustainable mission success? Today’s episode focuses on learnings from Blackbaud’s Financial Management Toolkit, an expert guide for connecting finance and development as a strategic partnership.
Industry expert Pamela Gignac, Vice President of Development at JMG Solutions, shares strategies and best practices for using donor statements to position your organization for a successful sustainer giving program. Listen in to learn how to begin, how donor statements can be used to build trust and start new conversations with donors, and which donors should receive the statements.
After the episode, access the webinars listed in the Resources section below to hear more from Pamela and other experts.
Topics Discussed in This Episode:
- What donors want to know about the impact their funds have
- How the donor statement helps build trust
- Tying statistics and impact stories together
- The first steps for creating donor statements
- Which resources need to be used to create donor statements
- Pros and cons of including expense details
- Which donors to target with donor statements
“Where it’s really relevant, more than in any other place, is particularly with major gifts.”
“If one organization does it, then donors get used to it.”
“The donor statement is one that allows us to personalize the accountability that we have to our donors.”
Get nonprofit articles, best practice advice, fundraising ideas and invaluable industry reports and webinars delivered for free!