The end of the year, or the “season of giving,” is important for all types of social good organizations. Year-end appeals are powerful fundraising vehicles, create additional exposure for your organization, and offer an opportunity to connect with donors on how they’ve helped you throughout the year.
In this episode of The sgENGAGE podcast, Tanya Fitzgerald, Senior Customer Success Manager at Blackbaud, talks with Steve MacLaughlin about what organizations can do now to have successful end-of-year giving campaigns. Listen to the episode to hear what Tanya has to say about telling your impact story, using digital channels to drive end-of-year giving, and stewarding donors into 2019.
Topics Discussed in This Episode:
- Driving additional end-of-year giving through various channels
- Tips for leveraging #GivingTuesday and other existing campaigns for end-of-year fundraising
- Making the donor the hero of the stories you share
- What arts and cultural organizations do at the end of the year that other types of nonprofits can learn from
- Recommendations for moving into 2019
“Everyone’s expecting to hear from you, so why not share your information with them?”
“I believe that immediately, as soon as that gift comes in, that stewardship plan should be in effect.”
“If you can continually steward throughout the year, your campaigns are going to go smoother as they come up.”
Get nonprofit articles, best practice advice, fundraising ideas and invaluable industry reports and webinars delivered for free!