As a busy fundraiser or nonprofit data professional, your calendar is already packed, so wouldn’t it be great to have a cheat sheet to plan your schedule for bbcon, Blackbaud’s Tech Conference for Good™?
We’ve got you covered.
While you can’t go wrong with any bbcon breakout, Super Session, or networking opportunity—it is bbcon, after all—we’ve pulled together the essential sessions focused on your fundraising and data work in the world of social good.
Where to start? Register now for bbcon 2022.
Bonus: bbcon registration is free.
Can’t-Miss Marquee Events
Revitalize your change-the-world attitude by joining our blockbuster keynote speakers on the Virtual Mainstage. These are two powerhouse presenters who will inspire you to make your mark on your organization’s mission:
- Glennon Doyle,Monday, Oct. 17, at 4 p.m. EDT, New York Times bestselling author, activist, philanthropist, and host of the We Can Do Hard Things podcast, offers her inimitable take on self-care as the pathway to organizational success.
- Simu Liu, Tuesday, Oct. 18, at 11 a.m. EDT, actor, writer, producer, and one of TIME’s “100 Most Influential People of 2022,” leads a conversation about resilience, representation, and a passion-centered approach to personal and professional fulfillment.
Insightful Super Session
Nonprofit pros and analytics teams know that collecting data is the easy part. Making fundraising decisions based on that data is a little trickier, especially if you are not sure what to measure, why, and what to do with the results.
- Applying Fundraising Data to Your Healthcare Mission, Tuesday, Oct. 18, at 11:45 a.m. EDT, is a Super Session dense with smart tactics and real-world examples. Drawing on their deep experience in healthcare fundraising and consulting, analytics experts Liza Turcotte and Julian Heidelberg break down how to make data work for your cause, including:
- Focusing on best practices throughout the donor cycle
- Capitalizing on only the relevant data
- Measuring for success at each stage
- Acting on the right KPIs corresponding to goals
- Relating data to your mission, which is never just about raising money
Breakout Sessions to Build Your Skills
Need the nuts and bolts to make the greatest impact for your organization? These are the fundraising breakout sessions for you.
MONDAY, Oct. 17
- Mastering Fundraising with the Raiser’s Edge NXT Web View, at 2 p.m. EDT, explores how modern fundraisers use Web View and its functionality to raise funds more efficiently, from Work Center to Lists to Reporting. Hosted by Bill Connors, CFRE.
- Do More with Less: Tips and Time Savers in Blackbaud eTapestry for Growing Organizations, at 3:30 p.m. EDT, offers customizations, tips, and time savers your growing nonprofit can implement right away to optimize your fundraising efforts, stretch your limited time, and achieve optimal results. Hosted by Blackbaud expert, Jane Langer.
TUESDAY, Oct. 18
- Raiser’s Edge NXT Extensibility Options: What’s Real, What’s Hype?, at 11:45 a.m. EDT, demystifies how and why customizing and extending RENXT can help any size organization build creative automations to improve fundraising and operational results. Hosted by Blackbaud experts and non-developer fundraisers who have built their own no-code and low-code customizations.
- Finding the Metrics That Matter, at 12:30 p.m. EDT, asks the question: Which data should be driving decisions for your “data-driven” strategy? With so many metrics to choose from, you need to identify the ones that really make sense for your program and a be on the lookout for data mistakes to avoid. Hosted by Blackbaud expert Chris Brooks and Erica Best from Share Our Strength.
- Several Things Every Database Manager Should Know, at 3 p.m. EDT, starts from the premise that everyone in your organization expects you to be the expert on the database. You need tips to make your job a little easier and more efficient. You’ll race through lots of hot topics in this fun and energetic session, hosted by Dariel Dixon from North Carolina Central University and Katherine Mannion of WIST Data Solutions.
Don’t Stop There
With dozens of sessions, live networking lounges, meeting rooms, direct chats, card drops, and a bustling virtual marketplace, build out your bbcon schedule to suit your specific fundraising goals. And remember, if you miss a session, your registration allows you to view any session on demand after bbcon 2022 draws to a close.
Check out bbconference.com for the full schedule and free registration.
More Value for You: Product Update Briefings
Immediately following bbcon, Blackbaud hosts the future-focused Product Update Briefings, a semiannual celebration of technology innovation. Check out the latest advancements for these Blackbaud products and capabilities:
WEDNESDAY, Oct. 19
- Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge NXT® at 1 p.m. EDT, the first truly comprehensive cloud-based fundraising and donor management software solution built specifically for nonprofits and the entire social good community. Raiser’s Edge NXT innovations can help you drive your fundraising efforts, connect your organization, and work smarter and faster.
- Blackbaud Data Intelligence Solutions at 3 p.m. EDT, centered on Blackbaud’s unique Intelligence for Good™ approach, our Data Intelligence software brings together analytics, big data, artificial intelligence, and expertise to drive your mission. Only Blackbaud can offer analytics powered by the world’s largest philanthropic data set – with billions of records on supporter engagement, growing every day – and unparalleled expertise driven by our team of social good scientists™.
THURSDAY, Oct. 20
- Blackbaud Sky Platform/Marketplace at 11 a.m. EDT, enables developers, both inside and outside of Blackbaud, to code for good. SKY Developer provides the toolset to extend, customize, and contribute to the capabilities available on Blackbaud SKY.
Your bbcon registration includes access to all Blackbaud Product Update Briefings (there are more than two dozen).
Make Time for Innovation
Now that you have the building blocks for a thought-provoking and inspiring bbcon schedule, block the time for your sessions right away. You’ll be making a significant step in the direction of achieving your goals as a social good innovator and agent of change.