Content marketing isn’t a widely used term in the not for profit world.
On the other hand, nonprofits produce and use content all the time in order to connect with their supporters!
We’re not sure, but we want to find out! And we need your help to make that happen. Take the short survey.
Blackbaud Partners with The Content Marketing Institute (CMI)
This year we’ll be producing the second edition of the annual report — Nonprofit Content Marketing: 2014 Benchmarks, Budgets, and Trends!
In order to get it done … we need your help — Take the short survey.
In an effort to help nonprofits better understand content marketing and how it’s being used in our sector we’ve partnered with Joe Pulizzi and CMI – an organization that’s passionate about content marketing and a leader in the space. They’ve been producing a similar report for the business world for years.
Why do we Need Nonprofit Content Marketing Research?
Content marketing is HUGE in the business world. In fact, 91% of businesses use content marketing and content marketing budgets increased by 26% since last year.
If the business world is finding content marketing to be valuable we should pay attention and figure out if it’s a fit for us in nonprofit marketing, communications, fundraising, advocacy and program delivery. In the first edition of the nonprofit content marketing report we learned that:
- 92% of nonprofit professionals use content marketing.
- 26% of nonprofit professionals believe they are effective at content marketing.
- 25% of nonprofit professionals have a documented content strategy.
- Fundraising is the top organizational goal for nonprofit content marketing.
- On average, 20% of nonprofit marketing budgets are allocated to content marketing.
- 69% of nonprofit organizations have someone in place to oversee content marketing strategy.
- 65% of nonprofit professionals are producing more content than they did one year ago.
- 38% of nonprofit professionals plan to increase their content marketing budget over the next 12 months.
What we Need From You
We’d really appreciate 10 minutes of your time.
In order to produce this research and report our finding back to you we need to study the content marketing practices of nonprofit organizations.
That’s where you come in.
If you could, take a few minutes of your time to fill out this survey. It’s roughly 25 questions related to content marketing usage (or non usage) at your nonprofit.
A Few Sample Content Marketing Research Questions
Here are a handful of the types of questions you’ll be asked to answer. Everything is multiple choice and there’s an “unsure” answer for most questions so you don’t have to be completely sure of everything.
- Does your organization use content marketing in any form (blogs, articles, podcasts, video, webinars, newsletters, print publications, etc.) to engage with constituents?
- Does your organization have a documented content strategy?
- In general, what are your organization’s goals for content marketing?
- How effective do you feel your organization’s use of content marketing is?
I sincerely appreciate your help with this project. We’re excited to see what the study turns up and shed more light on content marketing for nonprofits in the coming months. Oh, and you’ll get early access to the survey results for helping us with the survey.
Thanks for your help!! If you haven’t already, go fill out this short survey 🙂
Frank Barry is the Director of Digital Marketing at Blackbaud and blogger at npNGAGE. He digs helping nonprofits excel at digital marketing, social media and online fundraising. Follow him on Twitter @franswaa and make sure to download npEXPERTS.