We’re all focused on the non-profit space, but some times it’s good to take a look at how the internet is being used on a broader scale. It helps give us perspective and challenges our thinking which leads to potentially making decisions differently.
So here’s a few recent stats for you to chew on …
- 78% of Internet users conduct product research online.
- 78% of business people use their mobile device to check email.
- 40% of US smartphone owners compare prices on their mobile device while in-store, shopping for an item.
- 91% of email users have unsubscribed from a company email they previously opted-in to.
- 84% of 25-34 year-olds have left a favorite website because of intrusive or irrelevant advertising.
- 57% of businesses have acquired a customer through their company blog.
- 67% of B2B companies and 41% of B2C companies have acquired a customer through Facebook.
- The number of marketers who say Facebook is “critical” or “important” to their business has increased 83% in just 2 years.
- Companies that blog get 55% more web traffic.
You can find sources to all of the above stats along with a boatload more eye-popping facts, figures, and how-to’s here.
Get nonprofit articles, best practice advice, fundraising ideas and invaluable industry reports and webinars delivered for free!