It is obvious we are in the midst of a Mobile Migration. If the pictures (below – and look closely) don’t convince you, Cisco’s latest stats on mobile growth certainly will. Now that we are all “believers,” the next step is to know how it is affecting us and our online fundraising.
In recent research;
- Conducted over the course of a year
- Across hundreds of customers
- Across thousands of peer to peer event fundraising sites that are optimized for mobile traffic
Blackbaud tracked online gifts made from mobile browsers and non mobile browsers and compared key statistics. Here is what we found:
We hope this information adds to the collective understanding that:
- Donors will give in ways that are most convenient for them
- As fundraisers we should make efforts to support new channels for giving when possible, like mobile friendly websites
- The mobile migration will not happen overnight, but we must stay vigilant in understanding our website audience (praise to Google Analytics!) and how they want to access information and interact online
What’s your take? Is mobile technology changing the way we do things in the digital space or just enhancing?