One of the great pleasures of my job is working with Convio clients who are true innovators in nonprofit marketing and fundraising to define how we can collectively move the state of their art forward.
It was just such a conversation with our client advisory board two years ago that focused us on the need for a more holistic approach to constituent engagement, which we’ve come to formally define as “the sum of all activities, across all channels, and across all facets of the nonprofit, that allows it to engage next-generation constituents, manage lifetime relationships with them, and optimize their support for the organization.”
We’ve invested a tremendous amount since then to expand our products and services to help our clients achieve this vision, culminating with the release of our new Convio Luminate™ solution.
But why, exactly, is achieving constituent engagement so important? We asked our advisory board to paint a picture of what it would mean to their organizations and constituents, and this is what they shared:
- “When constituents feel like they have the ability to define how they interact with us and define their relationships with us”
- “When a constituent contacts us we will give them what they want instead of what we have on the shelf”
- “When our messages are coordinated within and across channels”
- “When our staff understands who we serve and who we interact with to fund that work”
- “When our marketing department looks beyond just acquisition metrics and starts making decisions around lifetime value and ROI”
- “When everyone at the organization makes more data driven decisions”
- “When we can scale success and take the best of what one part of the organization does and apply it to all parts of the organization”
- “When we have maximized the long-term, mutually beneficial relationships that exist between the individual and the organization”
What would successful constituent engagement mean to your organization and constituents? Share your thoughts with us and we’re happy to keep evolving this as we work together to make it a reality.