Your school does great work, and has lots of potential donors. Parents and other family members, community organizations, foundations, businesses and more can and should be donating to help your institution continue its mission and work. But when it comes to fundraising, two groups stand head and shoulders above the rest: major donors and your school’s alumni. Major donors and alumni provide the surest path for sustainable funding and transformative gifts for your school community.
Donors who make major gifts to your institution can come from many different places, including former students, family members of current and former students, community members who believe in your mission, etc. Their five, six, and seven figure gifts to your school will enable you to expand your facilities and programs, deepen the educational experience for students, and provide scholarships to those in need.
Likewise, your alumni should form a broad base of support for your school. Annual and sustaining gifts from previous students will allow your school to maintain stable funding levels regardless of the current financial climate. Every higher education institution needs to develop a plan to engage alumni soon after graduation, maintain contact with them, and invite them to become donors.
Learn How to Reach Out to Your Alumni and Major Donors Easily and Effectively
This coming year, we invite you and your colleagues to join us for a special series of webinars to learn how to find, cultivate, and engage with alumni and major donors. For 2016, we have partnered with Joe Garecht from The Fundraising Authority to bring you the knowledge and information you need to supercharge fundraising at your school.
Every other month, we’ll be presenting a free 60 minute webinar for school leaders and fundraisers:
- Webinar #1: The Major Donor Message: How to Create a Fundraising Message that Resonates with Major Donors at Your Institution (January 14th at 1 PM Eastern Time)
- Webinar #2: How to Find Major Donor Prospects for Your Higher Education Institution (March 16th at 1 PM Eastern Time)
- Webinar #3: The Art of the Ask for Higher Education: How to Ask Major Donors for Large Gifts (May 19th at 1 PM Eastern Time)
- Webinar #4: Starting Off on Right Foot: How to Engage Alumni Early to Maximize Fundraising Success (July 14th at 1 PM Eastern Time)
- Webinar #5: Alumni Cultivation: The Best Ways to Communicate with Your Alumni to Turn Them into Lifelong Donors (September 15th at 1 PM Eastern Time)
- Webinar #6: Creating a Robust Alumni Fundraising Program: Events, Monthly Giving, Annual Appeals and More (November 17th at 1 PM Eastern Time)
After each webinar, everyone who registers will also receive a special e-book with tips, tools and strategies for implementing the topics discussed during the live presentation. You can join us for all of these webinars, or just a few, depending on your fundraising needs. And, best of all, both the webinars and e-books are available to your school free of charge!
Creating a Fundraising Message that Resonates with Major Donors
Our first webinar will focus on helping you get your institution ready to find, cultivate, and ask major donors to give. In order to attract more large gifts for your school, you need to create a message for your donors that casts a big enough vision that they’ll want to make major gifts. Every college and university, no matter how small, is capable of casting a huge and compelling vision for their donors.
Join us on January 14th at 1 PM Eastern Time to learn how to create a major donor fundraising message for your school!
Get nonprofit articles, best practice advice, fundraising ideas and invaluable industry reports and webinars delivered for free!