This year, #GivingTuesday falls on December 3. While this feels far away now, it will be here sooner than you think, and it’s time to start preparing! Whether you work at a small nonprofit, a community hospital, a large museum, or anything in between, #GivingTuesday can help your organization attract new donors, re-engage old ones, or even just set the stage for year-end giving campaigns.
In today’s episode, Tanya Fitzgerald, senior marketing manager at Blackbaud, joins host Steve MacLaughlin to talk about how organizations can prepare for a successful #GivingTuesday and year-end giving season. Listen in to hear some #GivingTuesday success stories and to learn some key steps for preparing a campaign, how to develop messaging that resonates, and the key elements to include in a stewardship plan.
Topics Discussed in This Episode:
- What #GivingTuesday is and why it’s important to social good organizations
- How to prepare for #GivingTuesday and the end-of year-giving season
- Making sure that the entire organization understands the importance of end-of-year
- Messaging around #GivingTuesday and end-of-year giving to help you stand out
- Stewardship plans for different types of donors
- Thinking beyond just fundraising – creative ways to leverage the day to create awareness and thank volunteers and donors
- Stories of innovative success stories from organizations
“This to me is a global day of kindness, a way that you can connect with others, share your heart, and you can do it many different ways.” –Tanya Fitzgerald
“Your volunteers are your donors. They give more than just your donors.” –Tanya Fitzgerald
“You should really have a #GivingTuesday stewardship plan.” –Tanya Fitzgerald
Get nonprofit articles, best practice advice, fundraising ideas and invaluable industry reports and webinars delivered for free!