Over the past five years personal or peer-to-peer fundraising revenue has more than doubled online – reaching close to the billion-dollar mark.
It’s been amazing to watch fundraising events take such a strong position in the space.
With the continued growth of Internet usage, the rise of social media, and the smart phone revolution it’s likely that social fundraising will continue to play a significant roll for non-profit organizations (or start to play a growing roll for those organizations who don’t already participate in this type of fundraising).
Check out the below social fundraising INFOGRAPHIC. You’ll learn a bit about the industry’s growth, what drives the fundraising success and the power of Friends Asking Friends. Grab the full research report here.
So, How is your organization harnessing the power of social fundraising for your fundraising events by empowering your supporters to take part in peer-to-peer fundraising activities? Here are a few quick facts about Blackbaud’s Event Fundraising Solution — Friends Asking Friends:
- Friends Asking Friends has supported over 37,000 events with over 14 million fundraisers raising more than 1.5 billion dollars (and still growing).
- Organizations increase overall fundraising revenue by 40% more than industry benchmark
- Users raise six times more than non-users.
- Emails have a 90% or greater open rate and a 25% conversion rate.
- Twitter and Facebook updates convert roughly 0.25 percent of impressions into donations.
- The average gift size from Friends Asking Friends emails are $60 and average gift size from social media mentions is $40.
Get nonprofit articles, best practice advice, fundraising ideas and invaluable industry reports and webinars delivered for free!