I spent the first few days of this week at Blackbaud’s Annual Conference for Nonprofits (#bbcon), and was granted the invaluable privilege of meeting and speaking with many of you : the forces that keep this industry thriving.
I had the opportunity to hear from one organization in particular, Wreaths Across America, that undoubtedly reinforced my passion for working alongside nonprofit organizations.
In Executive Director Karen Worcester’s opening keynote to the 2000+ in attendance, her message was clear- to find yourself, you must first lose yourself in helping others.
As we draw closer to the giving season, Karen’s closing words will only ring more true. And I hope the compilation below does just that- helps you help others.
Here Are This Week’s Nonprofit Highlights:
- Jeff Haguewood of Sidekick Solutions suggests the 5 Basic Fundraising Performance Metrics to Start Measuring Today. It’s important that you begin paying attention to the stats. If you’re not appropriately monitoring performance, how can you gauge success?
- Infographics. They’re all the rage- but only when done correctly. What’s the story? Are you using data as your guide? Have you considered your platform? In his latest npEngage post, Frank Barry shares 7 Tips for Creating Compelling Nonprofit Infographics that get Shared.
- What do you know about the “life blood” of your organization? Do you have a CRM that makes tracking relationships and supporter interactions possible? In this piece, 7 Tips for Building Nonprofit Supporter Profiles, Tech Impact outlines how to appropriately manage constituent relationships.
- Gail Perry uses her expertise to offer up the 6 Ways to Get The Most Out of a Major Donor Visit. Too often the focus rests solely on getting an invitation, but what’s next? Don’t go to your next major donor appointment under prepared. Know your objectives. Talk less. Listen More. And then join Gail for one of her free webinars to get best prepared for that next appointment.
- Don’t blame it on the internet. Ideas and stories were going viral long before the web. So what does it take to create something contagious? John Haydon draws upon Jonah Berger’s STEPPS to share the 6 Human Factors that Influence Virality.
- Network for Good’s Caryn Stein takes a dive into Debbie Millman’s Brand Thinking and Other Noble Pursuits and comes out with two key themes in her post: The identity and promise of your nonprofit’s brand. As your organization works to distinguish a unique voice, you must focus also on the identity and promise it conveys.
- If you were unable to attend #bbcon, Blackbaud’s own Ryan King has you covered. Check out some of his blogs from the conference, where he covers benchmarking data, donor ready patrons, and conversion rates.
Thoughts? I would love to hear them.