That's right, I said it. You've all been thinking it. Admit it. A lot of time is spent these days talking about social media and working on social media. But is it all just a big waste of time?
Social media is a big waste of your organization's time if…
- You haven't clearly defined the audience you're trying to engage
- You don't have a clear goals for what you want them to do
- You aren't measuring what people are doing or responding to
- You haven't defined success and what the value of it is
- You are only doing this because someone else told you to
Time is probably the most precious resource in the universe. They aren't making any more of it. And organizations are always trying to find ways to do more with less.
If you aren't being focused, goal oriented, measurement minded, and doing it for the right valuable reasons, then your time might be best spent on other endeavors.
Get nonprofit articles, best practice advice, fundraising ideas and invaluable industry reports and webinars delivered for free!