The Run Walk Ride Fundraising Council is hosting it’s annual Run Walk Ride Fundraising Conference this week. I’d like to highlight three cool moments from this year’s conference: The Cash, Sweat and Tears Award and the release of the 2012 Peer-to-Peer Fundraising Event Benchmark Report and release of the famous list of Top 30 Run Walk Ride Fundraising events in the US.
Last night Marathon Goddess Julie Wiess was recognized with the Run Walk Ride Fundraising Council’s Cash, Sweat and Tears Award for her dedication in raising hope, money, and awareness for those who have been affected by pancreatic cancer. Julie was inspired by the life of her father and her passion for running to participate in a marathon a week for the last year in support of the Pancreatic Cancer Action Network. This weekend she’ll be completing the final marathon her year-long journey of running 52 marathons in 52 weeks. (BTW – This amazing woman accepted her award in 4 inch platform heels!) So far, Julie has raised more than $143,000. Read more about her story and contribute to her fundraising at www.marathongoddess.com.
This week Blackbaud released the 2012 Peer-to-Peer Fundraising Event benchmark report to the public. I wrote about the key finding of this report last week. This report documents the key performance metrics and statistics that events can use to compare your fundraising event against comparable events in the market place. We have divided this report into 2 sections to report out on organizationally organized events like running, walking and cycling events and externally organized third party events like marathon & community campaigns.
The final highlight from the Conference is the release of the Top 30 Fundraising Events. A picture is worth a 1,000 words, so here’s a snippet from the infographic that my friends as Event 360 have pulled together. Check out the full version on the E360 website.
- American Cancer Society – Relay for Life
- Susan G. Komen for the Cure – Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure
- March of Dimes – March for Babies
- American Heart Association – Heart Walk
- National MS Society – Bike MS
- JDRF – Walk to Cure Diabetes
- The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society – Team in Training
- American Cancer Society – Making Strides Against Breast Cancer
- American Heart Association – Jump Rope for Heart
- Susan G. Komen for the Cure – Susan G. Komen 3-Day for the Cure
- The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society – Light the Night Walk
- Alzheimer’s Association – Walk to End Alzheimers
- National MS Society – Walk MS
- Avon Foundation for Women – Avon Walk for Breast Cancer
- Cystic Fibrosis Foundation – Great Strides, Taking Steps to Cure Cystic Fibrosis
- Pan-Mass Challenge – Pan-Mass Challenge
- Autism Speaks – Walk Now For Autism Speaks
- American Diabetes Association – Tour de Cure
- American Diabetes Association – Step Out: Walk to Stop Diabetes
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of America – Bowl for Kids’ Sake
- The ALS Association – Walk to Defeat ALS
- Pelotonia- Pelotonia
- Church World Service – CROP Hunger Walk
- AIDS LifeCycle – AIDS LifeCycle
- National Down Syndrome Society – Buddy Walk
- Best Buddies International – Best Buddies Challenge
- Rodman Ride for Kids – Rodman Ride for Kids
- Arthritis Foundation – Arthritis Walk
- Crohn’s & Colitis Foundation of America – Take Steps for Crohns & Colitis
- Crohn’s & Colitis Foundation of America – Team Challenge
Congrats to David Hessekiel and team for another amazing conference!