According to Engage: Hispanics in January there were 33.5 million Hispanics online in the United States. Further, the Hispanic online market is growing three times faster than the general online market.
And as if those stats weren’t enough to raise your eyebrows, here are a few more:
- 59% of online Hispanics in the U.S. are under the age of 35 compared to 50% of non-Hispanics.
- Today, 53% of online Hispanics say that they use the Internet in English with 28% indicating they use both English and Spanish with the remaining 19% using the Internet in Spanish.
- Not only do Hispanics have above average use of established platforms such as Facebook and YouTube, they are also flocking to new platforms such as Google+, Tumblr and Pinterest.
What’s all that mean? It means your organization needs to be paying attention to this market, especially for online communication and fundraising.
Get started with these:
- Hispanics are Online, But Marketers Don’t See Them from Engage: Hispanics
- Hispanics Spending More Online than Non-Hispanics from Mercury Mambo
- Hispanic Online Best Practices from the Captura Group
- Hispanic/Multicultural PR Case Studies from Hispanic PR Blog
PS Thanks to Tom at The Agitator for blogging on this report earlier in the month.