Peer to peer fundraising events like runs, walks and rides have become a staple for nonprofit fundraisers, and often bring in more revenue than any other fundraising campaign throughout the year. These events create new and exciting opportunities for organizations to not only raise more money, but engage constituents in deeper, more meaningful relationships. Blackbaud’s 2013 Peer to Peer Fundraising Benchmark report provides information that you can use to not only measure your success but to learn about trends and best practices in event fundraising.
On Wednesday April 17, 2012 I will be hosting the Peer to Peer Fundraising: How Do You Measure Up webinar and sharing tips for leveraging, adapting, and using the report to increase the number of participants and funds raised through peer-to-peer fundraising events. During the webinar will I will be presenting the key findings in the report and explore trends that will define the P2P industry this coming year. Here is a sample of what we will be discussing:
5 Key Trends to Explore for Your 2013 Campaign Strategies:
- Emails Sent: Emails being sent decreased in every event type, as much as 16%. What are you doing to ensure your fundraisers have the tools they need to be multi-channel in their outreach efforts?
- Online Gift Average: The average online gift increased in every event type ranging from 2 – 6%. How are you optimizing your donation forms to increase your online gift average?
- Returning Participants: Returning participants continue to raise more than new participants. What is your retention plan and how is it different than your recruitment plan?
- Team Captains: Team Captains are your most valuable participants in every category. Do you have a program to recruit and cultivate Team Captains?
- Third Party Events: Third Party Events outperform all traditional events, including participants raising up to 4 times more than some traditional events. Do you provide online resources for your constituents to create their own fundraising events?
Comparing your data to events similar to yours enables you to determine what current strategies are working and define goals to improve upon the ones that are not. Register today for The Peer to Peer Fundraising: How Do You Measure Up webinar and be sure to download and read Blackbaud’s 2012 Peer to Peer Fundraising Benchmark report before hand so you are ready to start comparing your data and creating winning strategies for 2013 and beyond.
Get nonprofit articles, best practice advice, fundraising ideas and invaluable industry reports and webinars delivered for free!