This was one of those weeks that will go down in history.
I had the incredible priveledge of attending Hubspot’s Inbound Conference in Boston, where I heard encouraging words, inspiring talks, and transformative ideas about the changing face of marketing and what this means for companies, nonprofit organizations, and you and me.
We’re in the middle of one of those revolutionary moments. The way we search for and share information has changed. And content is king.
And speaking of content…
Here’s some of this week’s best content for the nonprofit industry.
- Some People Make Excuses; Others Raise Money – Fundraising Coach, Marc A. Pitman challenges nonprofits to reframe the slow months and use them to catapult their fall fundraising.
- 10 Surprising New Twitter Stats to Help You Reach More Followers – On Buffer’s Blog, Belle Beth Cooper shares some easily implementable tips on how you can improve the way you reach your followers on social media.
- Five Ways to Ensure Your Event Makes Headline News – Kathryn Hall joins npEngange and gives advice on how to make sure your next event gets the love and attention it deserves from the media.
- Focusing on Donors, Not the Charity in your Appeals – The Chronicle of Philanthropy shares their monthly podcast hosted by Tony Martignetti. In this short piece, Tony speaks with fundraising consultants, John Lepp and Kimberly MacKenzie about the importance of refocusing your message to be more donor-centric.
- Encourage Planned Gifts By Telling a Bequest Story – Claire Meyerhoff, a guest writer on Gail Perry’s Fired Up Fundraising Blog, gives suggestions for how your organization can use a bequest story to inspire planned giving.
- How to Write Your Way to the Top of Your Industry – this Copyblogger post by Pamela Wilson gives necessary advice on how to start
creating content. Writer or not, the success of your organization depends on the creation of content that captivates and motivates supporters. You don’t have to be a writer, just a person who writes. You can do it.
I hope this next week is a chart-topper for you.
Find me on Twitter and let’s talk about it @MaddieTPlease
Get nonprofit articles, best practice advice, fundraising ideas and invaluable industry reports and webinars delivered for free!