The Case Foundation is in the middle of a month-long series called “Gear Up for Giving” to provide social media tutorials to help nonprofits and their supporters understand how to use key tools and techniques to create awareness, catalyze civic action and cultivate new supporters and donors for their causes.
They’ve even compiled this helpful, fun video to provide a quick primer on the subject. At less than 6 minutes, there are some key nuggets of advice and information in here that every nonprofit should know and take to heart (props to See3 on the great production).
Each week, the Case Foundation is also featuring access to some of the best experts in the field during our live online Q&A sessions with Giving Gurus.(From expert bloggers to Executive Directors and technology leaders, there’s a great lineup here so everyone should have an opportunity to engage with some of the leaders in the field.)
My favorite part of the program is the great round-up of social media resources the Foundation has provided in a one-stop-shop style on the site. Still looking to learnt he basics of the tools? Explain social media to your boss? Or need rationale on why your organization should be adopting social media across the organization? Resource jackpot!
Dig in, learn and share my nonprofit friends:
Social Media Strategy
- World Wide Web in Plain English
- Social Media in Plain English
- Social Media for Nonprofits
- Annotations for YouTube Nonprofit Partners
- Be a Beacon: The First Principle of Social Media
- Mapping Your Organization’s Social Media Strategy
- Ten Ways to Change the World Through Social Media
- Blogs in Plain English
- RSS in Plain English
- Is Blogging Right for Your Organization?
- 10 Ways Nonprofits Can Use Blogs
- 22 Ways A Blog Can Rock Your Non-Profit’s Social Media Campaign
- 40 Ways to Deliver Killer Blog Content
- How to Craft Post Titles that Draw Readers Into Your Blog
Microblogging with Twitter
- Twitter in Plain English
- Twitter Search In Plain English
- Twitter for Beginners: 5 Steps for Better Tweeting
- The Twitter Guide for Small Non-Profits
- 14 Advanced Twitter Tips
- An Introduction to Twitter Hashtags
Social Networking with Facebook
- Social Networking in Plain English
- A Beginner’s Guide to Facebook for Nonprofits
- How To Create A Powerful And Engaging Facebook Page
- Facebook Pages vs Facebook Groups: What’s the Difference?
- Ten Innovative Ways Nonprofits Can Use Facebook
- How to use Facebook for Business and Nonprofits
Video Sharing with YouTube
- How to Use YouTube Like a Pro
- NonProfits on Video: Using YouTube to Promote Your Cause
- Nonprofits on YouTube: Start with Strategy
- YouTube Nonprofit Program
- An anthropological introduction to YouTube
Causes on Facebook
- Creating a Great Cause
- Growing Your Cause
- Making an Impact with your Cause
- Learn More about the Primary Features of Causes
Which of these resources is most helpful to you? Is there a specific area that you want to learn or hear more about? Or do you know of other resources worth sharing?
Let me know!
Get nonprofit articles, best practice advice, fundraising ideas and invaluable industry reports and webinars delivered for free!