It’s that time of year again, time for a lot of holiday parties, gatherings, and celebrations. And for many of us, a time to exchange gifts. As I sat on the plane home this past weekend reading a magazine on the top 50 gifts under $50, I thought about how much stuff (http://www.storyofstuff.com/) I have, how much of it I really don’t need and what really makes for a meaningful gift.
Giving gifts that benefit charity has been a growing trend, helping support important work and providing an easy way to give something meaningful to someone special to you.
Here are my Top 3 for this Year for those with a lot and a little to spend!
- The Toilet: How can you go wrong with a toilet? Everybody needs one.
- The Central Park Bench: This just seems so romantic to me.
- A Solar Powered Home: Great for those on your list who want to go Green.
- The Fruit and Vegetable HOPE eCard: Available for snail mail, e-mail or print and fold. Colorful and beautiful.
- The Common Loon: It comes with a plushie! And I’m from Minnesota, so I had to pick the state bird.
- A Snuggle Blanket: Stay warm on a chilly winter night!
Share your top picks in the comments!
Get nonprofit articles, best practice advice, fundraising ideas and invaluable industry reports and webinars delivered for free!