Facebook is the most popular social media platform. Individuals are spending 700 billion minutes; yes that’s a B, 700 billion minutes on Facebook each month. How can your organization capitalize on Facebook’s reach? If you missed last week’s webinar on social media and events, no worries here are some ideas Jonathan at Charity Dynamics and I shared.
Make use of tabs. Create an event hub.
- Keep it simple, informative and engaging.
- Include the dates, locations, and promotions for your event.
- Include key information for participating.
- Include your mission information to inspire and motivate constituents to participate.
- Include the link to register online!
Keep the buzz alive.
- Share information through updates (We just reached 1,000 participants!, we’ve just hit $50,000 in fundraising!, etc.), RSS feeds from an external site, photos, news stories.
- Ask questions of your fans, take polls—get the conversations flowing in your hub and across your participants’ networks.
- Update your event hub and direct individuals there for all the latest event details.
Extend the invitations!
- The biggest social network boon is the ability to tap into your constituents’ networks. So make sure you invite them to join you!
- Publicize your social network hub on email, websites and offline promotions.
- Let your constituents know what connections, tools and information are available—and ask them to involve their networks.
Talk amongst yourselves.
- Remember- when your fans “like”, comment on, or share your posts, it is broadcast to their networks of friends on Facebook.
- Encourage conversations among your fans—the more chatter, the bigger the reach. Consider asking questions, posting polls, soliciting ideas.
- Ask your fans to post information about your event in their status updates—one click by them and your event is broadcast to their entire network.
- At minimum be prepared to monitor comments, respond to questions and participate.
Get nonprofit articles, best practice advice, fundraising ideas and invaluable industry reports and webinars delivered for free!