Content Marketing takes lethal generosity if you want to succeed
If you’re a nonprofit thinking about content marketing then put the “Lethal Generosity” concept into your plans. This idea really is the key to your nonprofits online engagement and marketing strategy.
Whats lethal generosity?
Simply put, lethal generosity = giving away content that’s useful to your audience in order to build trust, respect and goodwill. Three things every nonprofit is looking to do.
But … simply agreeing to be incredibly generous isn’t enough. You have to create a plan of action and start BEing generous in ways that serve the people you want to touch online.
Here’s a simple framework to get you started.
A 5 Step Plan
- First, understand the challenges of content marketing for nonprofits.
- Second, believe that, when done right, content marketing can be highly effective.
- Third, explore all the ways great content can help you achieve your online goals.
- Fourth, get creative with your content creation.
- Fifth, start planning, strategizing and thinking through how to take the first 5 Steps. Then start creating compelling content.
Learn From the Best
If you get stuck along the way make sure to check out what other nonprofit organizations are doing with their content marketing strategies. Folks like Make-A-Wish, March of Dimes, Autism Speaks, Best Friends Animal Society and Big Brothers Big Sisters are doing great work with their content marketing strategies.
Off you go …
I’d love to hear you stories from the trenches. If you’re just getting started with content marketing let me know how it’s going. If you’ve been at it a while, what’s working? What’s not?
Get nonprofit articles, best practice advice, fundraising ideas and invaluable industry reports and webinars delivered for free!