According to the Run Walk Ride fundraising council “The top thirty “thon” event fundraising programs generated $1.69 billion in gross revenue for charity last year, up $40.8 million or 2.46% from 2010 levels.”
That’s right, $1.69 billion raised in 2011 (with an expected growth of 10% in 2012).
And that’s only the top 30.
There are thousands of smaller nonprofits who run peer-to-peer fundraising events. You might be reading this and thinking to yourself, “I’m one of the small guys”.
Whether you’re in the top 30 event fundraising programs or not, it’s very likely you’re always looking for ways to improve your event and raise more money.
With that in mind we’ve compiled an excellent list of resources and event fundraising tips for you to use.
Have at it!
- Getting Started With Event Fundraising in 5 Quick Steps
- 7 Techniques for Event Fundraising Success
- 10 Simple Fundraising Tips Guaranteed to Improve Effectiveness
- 3 Simple Ways to Add New Peer-to-Peer Fundraising Events Participants
- 3 Unique Ways to get Friends Asking Friends so you can Raise More Money Online
- 44 Ways to Turn Your Fundraisers into Fundraising Superstars
- Relationships That Raise Funds: 5 Tips for Creating Successful Peer-to-Peer Fundraisers
- 3 Reasons Why Your Participants Aren’t Raising Enough Money
- 5 Ways to Empower Your Crowdsource Fundraisers
- 3 Proven Ways to Wow Your Fundraisers and Keep Them Coming Back for More
- Turning Low-dollar Fundraisers Into Money Raising Superstars in 6 Simple Steps
- The #1 Way to Raise More Money Through Peer-to-Peer Fundraising Events
Mobile and Social Media
- The Power of Social Fundraising and Friends Asking Friends [INFOGRAPHIC]
- Are Twitter and Facebook Important for Event Fundraising?
- Using Social Media Increases Fundraising by 40% [Study]
- What’s Mobile Have to do with Peer-to-Peer Fundraising Events?
Event Fundraising Program
- 1 Strategy and 3 Tactics for Growing Peer-to-Peer Fundraising Events Revenue by 10%
- The 2 Key Elements of Successful Fundraising Campaigns
- 10 Expert Strategies and 500 Minutes of Free Event Fundraising Consulting
- Kickstart Your Supporters with 5 NEW Fundraising Contest Ideas
- The #1 Way to Improve Your Peer-to-Peer Fundraising Events Survey
Now that you’ve seen our list, we’d love to build it out even further. Share your tips in the comments below and/or share links to other helpful resources.
Get nonprofit articles, best practice advice, fundraising ideas and invaluable industry reports and webinars delivered for free!