I wanted to share a great write-up in Smashing Magazine about nonprofit website best practices and 20 examples of organizations that are doing it right (several on the list are Convio clients!).
The best practices listed are fundamental, but its always important to remember the basics and revisit from time to time. Here’s a quick run-down:
- Make Your Site Donor-Friendly
- Make Your Site Media-Friendly
- Make Your Site Volunteer-Friendly
- Make Sure Your Organization’s Purpose is Immediately Apparent
- Make Sure Your Content Takes Center Stage
- Make Sure Your Website is Consistent with Your Other Promotional Materials
- Know Your Site’s Purpose Up Front
- Include a News Section or Blog
Take a few minutes to read the full article, and click-through to see the example nonprofit websites. You might discover some ways to improve your own site. If you have something to add, please leave comments!
Get nonprofit articles, best practice advice, fundraising ideas and invaluable industry reports and webinars delivered for free!