Hopefully by now your plans for End-of-Year online fundraising are wrapping up. We recently held some webinars where we discussed some tips for campaign planning and execution. To summarize from the webinars, here’s a checklist for campaign planning:
- You developed a creative theme and the artwork and messaging to match
- You followed a strategic plan for timing your email sends
- You segmented your list so that each of your audiences received content that is relevant to their affiliation with your organization
- You set up your donation form with suggested giving levels and descriptions
- You created a presence for your campaign on your website, specifically, on your homepage
Okay, so maybe you skipped a step or two in the holiday rush, or maybe you’re not so sure about some of the planning you’ve done. The good news is that you have plenty of time to fix it for next year.
Once your campaign is out the door, it’s time to start checking your metrics to see how you measure up.
Here’s a checklist for metrics:
- Open Rate – median open rate for an email is 15%. Not there? Evaluate your Subject Line
- Click Through Rate – median click through rate for an email is 0.61%. Not there? Evaluate your Calls-to-Action
- Conversion Rate – median conversion rate for an email is 0.05%. Not there? Evaluate your donation form
- Average Gift – median 1st time gift is $101.62; repeat is $93.8. Not there? Evaluate your ask string or consider offering incentives
If what you’ve done for 2014 isn’t working as well as you’d hoped, Blackbaud can help you evaluate what to optimize for next year. Ask about our End-of-Year Campaign Analysis service:
Get nonprofit articles, best practice advice, fundraising ideas and invaluable industry reports and webinars delivered for free!