Freshly sharpened pencils. Check.
Scientific Calculator. Check.
45 pound backpack filled to zipper ripping capacity. Check.
The kids are back in school. Which means that fall is upon us and end of year fundraising is right around the corner. Are you ready? Do you have your end of year fundraising checklist? Well if not, then put on those new school shoes and get ready!
September: Clear the Decks
- Conduct a database audit: make sure supporter records are up to date and identify any missing data records and amend them
- Make sure you have email, street addresses and phone numbers for supporters—when you get ready to run a multi channel campaign is NOT the time to discover you don’t have more than one way to reach a supporter. Plenty of appending services out there that can help you with that NOW.
October: Plan for Year End Greatness
- Identify campaign concept and case for support
- Write campaign copy and design creative
- Define segmentation strategy
- Discuss matching program with board members
- Plan messaging within other stewardship pieces and website
Next month in our quarterly magazine, npENGAGE, we’ll have November and December specific tips and action items for a successful end of year campaign. And if you are coming to bbcon (Sept. 30-Oct. 2 in DC), lucky you – you’ll get a first look!
Get nonprofit articles, best practice advice, fundraising ideas and invaluable industry reports and webinars delivered for free!