A couple weeks ago we released our 2012 Online Marketing Nonprofit Benchmark study. More than a few people have called it a “must-read” and as someone who knows it front-to-back and inside out, I must agree. To whet your whistle, here are just 10 of the interesting insights this bad boy contains:
- The median growth rate for online fundraising is 15.8%.
- The median number of online gifts grew by 12.6%.
- The smallest tier of orgs (less than 10,000 email records) experienced a median of $89,917 in online fundraising.
- The average online gift for that tier was $105.01.
- The largest tier of orgs (more than 250,000 email records) experienced a median of $1,993,713 in online fundraising.
- The average online gift for that tier was $65.49.
- The percentage of online advocates also making an online donation grew from 6.4 percent in 2010 to 11.9 percent in 2011.
- First time donations account for a median 37.27% of online fundraising.
- Sustained online giving accounts for an average of $25,474 per org.
- The average online monthly gift amount was $31.96.
Let’s talk about that last one for a second – if the average online monthly gift is $31.96, that means a donor who gives a monthly gift for a full year is worth a whopping $383.52! If you take away one thing from this benchmark, write this one down, you must have monthly giving as an option on your donation form.
Get nonprofit articles, best practice advice, fundraising ideas and invaluable industry reports and webinars delivered for free!