There are a lot of ways to think about how technology impacts things, as well as how different constituent types interact with it and the relationships that it helps them build. In today’s episode, we’ll be discussing recent research on how technology improves the relationship between schools and parents.
Joining the podcast is Chuck English, marketing and brand strategist of English Marketing Works, and Linda Lawrence, chief technology officer at Ransom Everglades School. They discuss the key findings Moving Forward: Enriching the Parent Experience with a Focus on Technology shows, the expectations that people have about the technology they interact with, and how the technology profile at Ransom Everglades was developed.
Topics Discussed in This Episode
- Important and key findings of how technology impacts the relationship between parents and schools
- Whether the current state of the world has made parents more willing to use this technology
- How the technology portfolio at Linda’s school was developed
- Advice that Linda would give schools that have fewer technology resources, but are trying to move in that direction
- The extent to which parents drive technology offerings
“Technology has a huge impact on their experience as parents.” – Chuck English
“Parents have learned to become very nimble with what to expect, and we just find ways to ease into those situations at a moment’s notice.” –Linda Lawrence
“I think you develop alliances; you identify those super-users that can provide assistance.” –Linda Lawrence