The 2012 Charitable Giving Report was just released and includes 24 months of overall giving data from 3,144 nonprofit organizations representing $7.9 billion in total fundraising. The report also includes online giving data from 2,581 nonprofits representing $512 million in online fundraising.
The Charitable Giving Report analyzes trends from nearly $8 billion in fundraising revenue from 2012.
- Overall giving continued its slow recovery and grew nearly 2% in 2012.
- Online giving grew by about 11% in 2012 compared to 2011.
- Online fundraising was 7% of all giving in 2012, an increase from 2011.
- Small nonprofits had the greatest increase in overall fundraising in 2012 while medium-sized organizations led online.
- Giving throughout 2012 hovered on flat, and Superstorm Sandy relief efforts helped boost year-end fundraising.
Trouble viewing the video above? Watch 5 Key Findings from the Charitable Giving Report on YouTube.